After studying precision engineering at the University of Applied Sciences in Furtwangen and working for Mercedes Benz in Sindelfingen as a design engineer, I completed a degree in journalism in Hanover.
Since then I have been working as a freelance photographer and travel book author. The focus of my photographic work is on nature, wildlife, travel and event photography. My nature and wildlife photographs have been honoured at some of the most important nature photography competitions:
- BBC Wildlife Photographer of the Year (UK)
- European Nature Photographer of the Year (Germany)
- International Garden Photographer of the Year (UK)
- Nature’s Best Windland Smith Rice International Award (USA)
- (Society for Nature Photography) Nature Photographer of the Year
- Asferico (I)
- … and a couple of smaller nature photography competitions.
My photographs have been published worldwide in calendars, magazines, books, brochures, postcards, … etc. I am a member of the German wildlife photographer’s society – GDT.